Websites, web apps, mobile apps
- Craft CMS + Craft Commerce, inc. custom plugins and modules
- Shopify, inc. custom apps and the Storefront API
- Amazon Web Services
- Yii2, PHP, MySQL, Node
- Svelte Native
Good tech direction during a project helps manage technical risks and identify opportunities, as well as supporting scheduling and budgeting decisions.
Every project needs some tech direction, even if it's just a few hours at the beginning. I have 15+ years of web experience - designing, developing, supporting and advising clients across a wide variety of industries. So I have an excellent knowledge of what's out there, what's possible, where it's relevant, how to use it and when to avoid it.
I've worked on websites/web applications for 15+ years, inc:
- booking systems
- learning platforms
- complex user dashboards
While generally working alongside specialist designers, I have a lot of experience designing user interfaces myself, particularly with more complex web applications.
But... UI design is only a complementary skill of mine. It's not my primary focus. Hire me as a developer with UI design expertise, not as a UI designer.
A professional service for clients that need regular work and peace of mind.
- Linode/Netlify servers
- nightly backups
- image hosting on Amazon S3
- just a phone call away
- priority work scheduling
- out-of-hours, emergency support if things go awry
- reliable email sending using Mailgun so customers actually see your emails
- use of my developer accounts for services like Google Maps
- Google Adwords account management
- reporting and analysis
07905 372 349
The Portman Co.
The Enterprise Centre